- Grade ii listed
- Fine character property
- Gas central heating
- Double glazing
- Mature gardens
- Ample parking for three / four cars
- Council tax band: e
- Energy rating:n/a
The accommodation is double glazed with gas central heating and briefly comprising: - Stone flagged entrance hall, spacious formal dining room with statement inglenook fireplace and cast iron stove, high ceilinged generously proportioned family room/lounge with impressive transom king mullion windows, vaulted fitted kitchen and utility room. On the first floor there are three bedrooms and a wood panelled family bathroom. A further bedroom/study/gym is accessed via a separate staircase from the entrance hall or from its own external door and patio.
Situated approximately one mile from the centre of the delightful small market town of Hebden Bridge which offers a variety of amenities including excellent independent and unusual shops, bars, restaurant, cinema, theatre, cafes and restaurants. There are excellent road links and a railway station providing direct and regular services to Manchester and Leeds.
Enter the property from courtyard via a traditional timber battened exterior door in to the entrance hall.
Stone flagged entrance hall with Velux roof light: having access to the dining room and a staircase rising to the study/bedroom four.
Formal Dining Room 23' 3' x 13' 11' (7.09m x 4.25m)
An impressive reception room having an Inglenook fireplace with stone hearth housing a wood-burning/multi fuel cast iron stove. There are two central heating radiators, staircase rising to the first floor and being open plan to the kitchen and lounge.
Superb Family Room / Lounge 18' 5' x 16' 5' (5.62m x 5.00m)
This beautifully appointed reception room has three impressive king mullion windows enjoying open views along with exposed stonework and woodwork giving it great character and charm. The focal point of the room is the stone fireplace with stone hearth and there is a picture rail, high ceiling and a central heating radiator.
Currently used as a library.
Vaulted Kitchen 11' 6' x 9' 5' (3.50m x 2.86m)
Fitted with a range of Drew Forsyth base units in buttermilk with complementary working surfaces over, inset into which is a one and a half bowl sink unit with side drainer and mixer tap and a 'Stoves' four ring gas hob with an integrated fan assisted oven beneath. There is a vaulted ceiling and exposed stone walls, mullion windows, stripped wood flooring and a central heating radiator.
Utility Room 12' 4' x 5' 3' (3.76m x 1.59m)
A useful addition to the kitchen likely used as the cold store of the original farmhouse and having original stone niches, tiled flooring, plumbing for a washing machine, vaulted stone ceiling and external door to the rear garden.
Furnished with a two piece white suite comprising a wash hand basin and low flush WC. There is an extractor, beamed ceiling and stripped wooden flooring.
First Floor: Landing
Having a storage recess, airing cupboard with recently installed Vaillant combination boiler, fitted book case, storage cupboard at the end of the landing and loft access point.
Master Bedroom 18' 1' x 10' 7' (5.51m x 3.22m)
Having a double height beamed ceiling with Velux roof window, under eaves fitted storage, mullion window with stone window seat and a central heating radiator.
Bedroom Two 11' 3' x 10' 4' (3.44m x 3.15m)
A second bedroom of double proportions having mullion windows with views across the moor and a central heating radiator.
Bedroom Three 11' 5' x 10' 5' (3.47m x 3.18m)
Also of double proportions and having mullion windows, central heating radiator and a storage cupboard.
Beamed Family Bathroom 12' 2' x 6' 4' (3.72m x 1.92m)
Furnished with a four piece suite comprising a double ended sunken bath with central mixer taps and shower extension, contemporary square wash hand basin, WC and separate curved glass shower cubicle with electric Triton 300 power shower. Stylishly decorated with beamed ceiling and tongue and groove panelling to the walls and floor. There is a central heating radiator, heated towel rail, Velux roof window, extractor fan and access to a second attic.
Bedroom Four / Study 15' 9' x 11' 5' (4.81m x 3.49m)
Currently used as a study/gym, accessed via a staircase from the entrance hall or own traditional battened timber exterior door from patio. Having original stone carving inset into the wall, mullion windows to two elevations with superb views across the valley, stripped wood flooring and two central heating radiators.
Lovely mature gardens containing many attractive features: terraced lawns and flower beds edged with dry stone walling, two flagged courtyards ideal for summer barbeques, alpine planted rockery, bridged stream and vegetable patch. Seating area at the top of the garden provides panoramic views across the valley.
Stand alone stone shed with beamed and slated roof and electric power.
Private Off Road Parking
Space for three/four vehicles, leads via wooden gate and lighted flagged path to the property.
The property falls within catchment areas of a number of good rated local schools.
From our office proceed along New Road taking your left turn into Albert Street and continue to the T-junction and turn right then immediate left into Birchcliffe Road. Follow this road for approximately ? mile passing the houses on the left. On the left hand bend turn right onto Burlees Lane. Take the first right into the driveway for Great Burlees Farm and Ivy House. Where the property will be found.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER PETER DAVID PROPERTIES NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Property Reference: PDP1004136Property Data powered by StandOut Property Websites
The advertised rental figure does not include fees.